Family Dentistry for Palm Desert, CA
The first step towards enjoying a happy, healthy smile for life is knowing how to properly maintain it. By catching problems at their earliest stages and caring for them effectively, patients can minimize the oral damage and discomfort they face over time. However, there is only so much an untrained person can do. That’s why Dr. Bittner Toohey and her staff here at Bittner Dental Clinic want to be here for you. We provide several preventive services that are designed to accurately diagnose concerns, add needed protection, and help you feel as comfortable as possible throughout every appointment here in Palm Desert.
- Check-ups – Regular appointments with our dedicated team will allow us to locate potential problems and areas of damage at the earliest possible stages, as well as refresh your teeth and gums and remove tricky plaque.
- Dental Sealants – The tricky pits and grooves on your back molars can be difficult to clean properly, especially for children who are still learning about proper oral hygiene. We recommend having sealants placed in these areas. By painting the sealant directly over the chewing surface of the tooth, we can create a tough barrier that keeps bacteria out and lessens the possibility of cavities.
- Nightguards for Bruxism – If you suffer from inexplicably worn down teeth, bruxism may be to blame. Also known as teeth grinding, this condition often affects patients while they sleep, leading to structural damage, headaches, facial discomfort, and TMJ disorder. A customized nightguard from Pearl Dentistry can provide valuable protection for your teeth, allowing you to rest easy.
- Sportsguards – If you participate in a sport that involves possible contact with another person or a hard surface, your smile could be in danger. Wearing a customized sports guard from Bittner Dental Clinic can protect your teeth from damage and even reduce the severity of concussions, according to some studies.
- Oral Cancer Screenings – On average, oral cancer kills one person each hour. Your safety is very important to the doctor, which is why we strongly recommend that adults make an oral cancer screening part of their regular check-ups. During this time, we’ll scan your mouth for tell-tale signs of cancerous cells and alert you right away if we locate anything suspicious. By taking action early on, the chances of successful treatment rise significantly.
- Digital X-Rays – Unlike traditional machines, our advanced digital X-ray technology can capture detailed images of your smile and transfer them to a nearby monitor in seconds, allowing for rotation, magnification, and color-coding. Better yet, patients are exposed to up to 90% less radiation overall.